Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Epic Temp Fail!

Fired the egg up this morning for a turbo butt, lit in one spot, put the PS in, left top and bottom open. Took a quick shower and came back to egg that appeared to be at 300. Opened it up and got one heck of a fire ball. Temp was in excess of 1200. Actually disintegrated the foil I had put on the PS. Moral of the story..always burp and don't walk away from an egg with top and bottom wide open for longer than a few minutes. I thought because it was in the upper teens temp wise this morning that I had a few extra minutes. Obviously not the case!
Bloomfield, NJ
·

Comments

• GaryLangeGaryLange Posts: 238
    Outside temp doesn't mean anything in this. The airflow you had going to it is what drove the temps over the top.
    ·