Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Anybody for some baked beans (pics)

After smoking 2 small pork shoulders overnight (11 hrs.). I pulled them and made baked beans from scratch. They are hitting the spot. A few changes for next time and I think I may have something. I will let everyone know the ingredients when I can. I am eating these straight from the grill I can't wait to taste them tomorow when they have really come into it.
image.jpg 1.2M
image.jpg 984.4K
image.jpg 743.6K
image.jpg 805.4K
·

Comments

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,453
    Looks very good, I love baked beans with pork.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 1,851
    This is one I haven't done. Beans the right way, from scratch. I've been too lazy. For sure going to do them when the weather gets better. Yours look great.
    ·
  • They look real good, kinda looks like you threw a piece of lump charcoal it the pot also LOL

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
    ·
  • They look real good, kinda looks like you threw a piece of lump charcoal it the pot also LOL

·
  • It does look like some lump on top of the beans. But they sure taste good!
    ·
  • cdees_1993cdees_1993 Posts: 135
    Like the looks of that!

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,063
    edited June 2013
    Those beans look great. If I had a big pot of beans like that... SWMBO would hate me in the morning :D

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • BrowninggoldBrowninggold Posts: 453
    Beans look good....my SWMBO hates me anyways and I don't give a TOOT or do I?
    ·
  • LizzieSampsLizzieSamps Posts: 894
    my favorite side, please share your tips when you get a chance.  
    ·