Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grate--does it matter what side it sits?

First time cleaning--stock grate.
Seems to fit about the same???

Comments

• AdamdAdamd Posts: 160
    Well I do think it fits the same on either side, I do believe there are 2 rods that go across the grate "on the bottom" that rise up a bit while the top is smooth and all the rods go in the same way if that makes sense.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,127
    edited January 2013
    Are you talking about the fire grate or the cooking grid? If you mean the cast iron one that sits in the firebox then it has 2 sides. One is more flat than the other. One side has slightly chamfered edges to the holes. The flatter side needs to face up towards the dome.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,542
    The fire grate(lower) has cone shaped holes. It goes on the egg with the wider part of the holes facing down so ash drops below.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

• Thanks-- I was lucky and went with that.