Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Sous vide hmmmmm???

I am having such a hard time trying to understand this little hot tub thing. When the tub arrived I started reading and it scared the daylights out of me with all the talk about salmonella and pasteurizing. I read my books and searched the Internet for some common ground as to temperature and time. I did some turkey tenders according to a recipe for turkey breast in the Modernist Cuisine at home. 135 for 2 1/2 hours. That didn't work. Bagged it back up and cooked it at 138 for another 2 hours. Very good. I loved it but MDSH wouldn't touch it - it was pink which is what the book said it would be. How do I know the starting temperature for different cuts of meat and still be sure I'm not growing funny things?
Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !

Comments