Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Maiden Voyage - pic heavy

I've been lurking these forums for about a month now. Long story short, the SWMBO was going to take me to Daytona this year for my 40th (dinner with the drivers, pit passes, etc) but logistics with the kids just wouldn't make. When she broke the news to me, I was a little bummed. She offered several ideas but, suddenly, I was struck with a fit of genius - I wanted an egg! So, she bought me an egg for my 40th birthday (which is in three weeks) and it was delivered today. Plan is to learn how to use the thing and then cook a pork shoulder and some ribs for a party. You gotta start somewhere so I started with spatchcock chickens. I've been cooking on a Weber kettle for 20 years and these were the best chickens I've managed. Tomorrow we're doing ribs. We prefer ribs with a little bite - just enough to pull from the bone, but not fall off when you pick them up. Any suggestions for cooking strategies? My plan is raised grid at 250 in a rib rack until they're pulled back from the bone. Is there a better approach with the egg?

A little background - SWMBO is from New Orleans (her dad from Lafayette and her mom New Iberia. I'm from Powder Springs, GA - life long native of metro Atlanta (mother is a Marietta native generations back and dad is a yankee dairy farmer from up-state New York).

imageimageimage

Comments