Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Ribeye Steak Diane...lots of pix

My wife and I vacationed to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon this past week.  We toured the Hoover Dam, did a VERY small amount of gambling (I hate gambling...I'm too cheap and conservative for that... ;) ), saw a couple of shows, drove out to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, and also took a helicopter tour through the canyon.  We had an absolute blast!!!  But, I'm glad to be back home now.  The time change messed with my head, we missed our dogs, and I missed Big Green Egging of course.  :)  Here is a shot of the Grand Canyon that I took while on the helicopter (I know the first pic is Off Topic, but it's cool so I thought I'd share it anyway):

To get back On Topic, I missed using the Big Green Egg this week...so tonight, I couldn't wait to fire it up.  My wife wanted Ribeyes, so I thought I'd shake things up a bit and make Steak Diane using Ribeye Steaks.  I looked up Emeril Lagasse's recipe and went with that for the most part. 

I did give the steaks a quick sear outside of the CI skillet at first, which was different than the recipe called for.  Then I took them off and placed them aside.  I like a good sear, but the recipe called for cooking the sauce at only a medium high temp, so after searing and removing the steaks, I cranked the heat down for a couple minutes, then added the CI skillet.

First, butter is melted and the Shallots and Garlic get happy...  Then the Mushrooms are added in.  After they go for a couple minutes, the Brandy is added.  :) 

Had to be careful and tilt the CI skillet away so I wouldn't get bit by the ignited Brandy.  :)

Then everything else gets tossed in to thicken.  The steaks get tossed in again toward the end to finish cooking.

Served up with a Loaded Baked Potato.

The flavor of the sauce was unbelievable.  I will definitely make it again.  Already thinking about how I will incorporate it into other things, like burgers.  ;) 

2014 Co-Wing King

Comments