Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribeye Steak Diane...lots of pix

My wife and I vacationed to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon this past week.  We toured the Hoover Dam, did a VERY small amount of gambling (I hate gambling...I'm too cheap and conservative for that... ;) ), saw a couple of shows, drove out to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, and also took a helicopter tour through the canyon.  We had an absolute blast!!!  But, I'm glad to be back home now.  The time change messed with my head, we missed our dogs, and I missed Big Green Egging of course.  :)  Here is a shot of the Grand Canyon that I took while on the helicopter (I know the first pic is Off Topic, but it's cool so I thought I'd share it anyway):

To get back On Topic, I missed using the Big Green Egg this week...so tonight, I couldn't wait to fire it up.  My wife wanted Ribeyes, so I thought I'd shake things up a bit and make Steak Diane using Ribeye Steaks.  I looked up Emeril Lagasse's recipe and went with that for the most part. 

I did give the steaks a quick sear outside of the CI skillet at first, which was different than the recipe called for.  Then I took them off and placed them aside.  I like a good sear, but the recipe called for cooking the sauce at only a medium high temp, so after searing and removing the steaks, I cranked the heat down for a couple minutes, then added the CI skillet.

First, butter is melted and the Shallots and Garlic get happy...  Then the Mushrooms are added in.  After they go for a couple minutes, the Brandy is added.  :) 

Had to be careful and tilt the CI skillet away so I wouldn't get bit by the ignited Brandy.  :)

Then everything else gets tossed in to thicken.  The steaks get tossed in again toward the end to finish cooking.

Served up with a Loaded Baked Potato.

The flavor of the sauce was unbelievable.  I will definitely make it again.  Already thinking about how I will incorporate it into other things, like burgers.  ;) 

Comments