Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lamb breast

So I found this 2 pack of lamb breast at the supermarket. Anyone tried these before? I figured they look like ribs, so why not. They were inexpensive too.

Any suggestions for seasoning them? Not sure what direction to go. I have just about the whole dizzy pig catalog in my spice rack. I was also thinking of going the garlic route on it. Probably do each one different, since I'm not too sure what will come out best.
·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,321
    edited January 2013
    There was a guy at Toronto eggfest a couple if years ago thet did them. He went raised indirect at about 325* They were spectacular. I just came home with 4 three packs of shanks for around ten bucks a package.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • ribnrunribnrun Posts: 174
    Do you remember what the flavor profile was like? I'm pretty confident I can get the, to cook tender, but I am worried about getting a good flavor.

Shank three packs for $10, sounds like a win. How do you prep those up?
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,321
    edited January 2013

Season, sear and braise. I have used a tajine the last few times. Just damn good! I'm thawing these and going to sous vide tonight and grill tomorrow.

This guy was a high end butcher in Toronto and used his own lamb specific rub. I would say Dizzy Dust with added garlic, thyme and rosemary. The lamb flavour is pretty strong and just needs a compliment. Need to get on that soon but they are hard to find

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • gte1gte1 Posts: 376
    The DP RedEye is really tasty with lamb. I use that or my standby, olive oil, fresh chopped rosemary, garlic, s&p, and lemon. Both are excellent.
    George
    ·