Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Spare (normal) vs St. Louis ribs

Which do you prefer? Have only done normal spares and they were great. If St. Louis, do you eat the trimmings or toss em? I have one rack for my wife, stepson, and myself. Wanna try St. Louis but scared it won't be enough if cut em down (my 18mo. Old is probably good for a rib as well).

• ribnrunribnrun Posts: 174
    I always trim spares. If I am doing beans I will smoke the trimmings as well and put them in beans. Three people for 1 rack is a stretch, even untrimmed. Trimmings are usually done before the rack, so they make for good snacks.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 7,614
    +1 with ribnrun-if no use now you can freeze after the cook and then use them later-BTW-great for ABT filling.
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
  • ribnrunribnrun Posts: 174
    ABT filling, damn that is a good idea. Now I gotta go to the store.