Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

First Attempt at Wok Hei (Not quite there but damn it was good) (Oh and lots of pics)

r270bar270ba Posts: 763
edited January 2013 in EggHead Forum
Finally finished Breath of a Wok...very good read.  Thanks to all who have helped me on this new culinary journey.  Thought I would share some pics from my first attempt.  We decided to go with Mongolian Beef which I know is an American made Chinese recipe but my family loves it and my son can't eat it most places because of an egg allergy.  It was a pretty big hit even for the first attempt.

My egg was frozen solid so I used a burner...it was soooo windy out that I had to use the burner in the garage.  I am from SC and this kind of sanitary cooking is acceptable :))

The last picture is of my wok cleaned.  Any suggestions on the look of seasoning?  Does it look ok?  Anything else I should do?

Thanks for looking!
Anderson, SC
XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

Comments