Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Bigguy's Second Brisket Packer

bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 877
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum

After what I learned on the first brisket, I thought I would try a few changes. I started with a 14 lb USDA choice packer ($3.17/ lb)

A quick trim

I removed the point from the flat before cooking. I want to be able to pull each when they are ready and not wait for the other half.

I did a double pan for the drippings. I filled the first pan with water and floated the second pan. Hoping to keep the temp lower on the drippings.

On goes the brisket

About 14 hours later and at 200°

Getting the burnt ends going. It was nice to pull the point without disturbing the flat.

I was 250° until I went thru the stall then I went to 300°. Brisket is resting now.

Now for my question. I have the drippings and they look good. Should I pour them back over the brisket? Mix with something? Throw them away?

Big Lake, Minnesota

Large BGE, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

Comments