Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Most meat on XL?

What's the most you folks have gotten on an xl, on one grate?  I am planning a 14# brisket and an 8# butt?  Looks like the will fit side by side in my eyeballing expertise but don't know if I should do these on separate levels.  Any thoughts?
XLBGE- Napa, CA by way of ATX

Comments

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,492
    35 pounds of pork for Christmas dinner.
    3 Butt.JPG 3.4M

XLBGE X 2, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

• hoofalooshoofaloos Posts: 147
    Nice!  Is that 4 butts on the grate?
    XLBGE- Napa, CA by way of ATX

• rholtrholt Posts: 375
    21 burger patties at once.
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    You shouldn't have any problem with them side by side on one grate. This is a side by side butt & brisket (about 15 lbs) on the top with another butt & brisket on the bottom:
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,492
    hoofaloos said:
    Nice!  Is that 4 butts on the grate?
    Yes.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys