Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First Attempt at Wok Hei (Not quite there but damn it was good) (Oh and lots of pics)

r270bar270ba Posts: 763
edited January 2013 in EggHead Forum
Finally finished Breath of a Wok...very good read.  Thanks to all who have helped me on this new culinary journey.  Thought I would share some pics from my first attempt.  We decided to go with Mongolian Beef which I know is an American made Chinese recipe but my family loves it and my son can't eat it most places because of an egg allergy.  It was a pretty big hit even for the first attempt.

My egg was frozen solid so I used a burner...it was soooo windy out that I had to use the burner in the garage.  I am from SC and this kind of sanitary cooking is acceptable :))

The last picture is of my wok cleaned.  Any suggestions on the look of seasoning?  Does it look ok?  Anything else I should do?

Thanks for looking!
Anderson, SC
XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

Comments