Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

pizza toppings.

Making some pies tonight. Looking for some new topping combination. Any suggestions?
·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,675
    MikeP624 said:
    Making some pies tonight. Looking for some new topping combination. Any suggestions?

Go to Neccessary Indulgences site and look at her pies. Combos usually inspire me.

http://necessaryindulgences.com/ . I am sure you know, but this is Kristi who hangs out here.

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,675
    MikeP624 said:

Go to Neccessary Indulgences site and look at her pies. Combos usually inspire me.

http://necessaryindulgences.com/ . I am sure you know, but this is Kristi who hangs out here.

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,866
    I like a Mediterranean pizza now and then -

spinach
    artichoke hearts
    roasted red pepper
    thinly sliced roma tomatoes
    feta cheese
    capers
    roasted garlic

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,075
    Little fishes!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,866
    Little fishes!
    Anchovies are my number 1 favorite topping.  Mrs B HATES them.  I could open a can or jar of them in the manbearcave and she'll smell them in the house within 5 seconds.

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,757
    Check necessary indulgences for some killer ideas. I want to try an abt pizza. keep meaning to do it, keep forgetting.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • CGW1CGW1 Posts: 332

This was a Meatball inspired pie....sort of a cross between a pie and meatball sub.  Sorry if this pic is to big.
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
    ·
  • 500500 Posts: 1,513
    edited January 2013
    Mediterranean white with EVOO, garlic (lots of garlic), dried basil, dried oregano, cracked black pepper, sundried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, kalamata olives, banana peppers, feta cheese, and mozzarella.

Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
    ·
  • NecessaryIndulgNecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,095
    edited January 2013
    Thanks, @chubbs and @griffin!

Anything goes -- beef, pork, seafood, veggies, etc. I always joke that if you like it over pasta or as a sandwich, you will LOVE it on a pizza. :)

I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • BudgeezerBudgeezer Posts: 509
    We try repurpose left over smoked items.  Smoked chicken, bbq sauce, red onion.  Pulled pork, salsa, cheddar, jalapenos.  If you have a gourmet pizza place that you like, check out their menu online and try some of there specialty items.image
    Edina, MN

·
  • SaltySamSaltySam Posts: 381

BBQ Chicken pizza:  Sweet sauce as a base (KC Masterpiece works well), grilled chicken, red onion, shredded cheddar and shredded smoked gouda.  Go heavy on the gouda. 

Hawaiian-  red sauce, mozzarella, FRESH pineapple, diced garlic, canadian bacon and cream cheese.  For each slice, dollop 5-6 marble sized pieces on top prior to baking.  I was skeptical about cream cheese at first, but it's so, so good.

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,519

Kristi, went out and got me the stuff for a j'eno popper pizza for tonight.

With home made Caputo flour.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·

• Griffin said:
    Check necessary indulgences for some killer ideas. I want to try an abt pizza. keep meaning to do it, keep forgetting.
    Now that sounds awesome..
    LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
    ·
  • gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 813
    edited January 2013
    One of our favourite toppings is fried onions and mushrooms, roasted garlic isn't too shabby either.  I have seen an egg poached on top of the pizza but haven't tried that yet.  We had half a rack of ribs left over and put the meat on a pizza and drizzled some BBQ sauce over it, it was very good.

Gerhard
    ·
  • jerrypjerryp Posts: 226
    CGW1 said:

This was a Meatball inspired pie....sort of a cross between a pie and meatball sub.  Sorry if this pic is to big.
    Would love to know the ingredients. Looks killer.
    ·
  • We like to bust out some pulled pork because it's versatile.  You can go the BBQ route, but it lends itself well to most any flavor profile you wish to go.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • CGW1CGW1 Posts: 332
    @jerryp, bromated flour for the dough...meatballs a 4 blend cheese mix and oragano. It was a super thick crust.
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
    ·
  • r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    My wife had a white pizza the other day with spinach, feta, tomatoes sliced thin, olive oil and garlic.  It looked excellent.  Definitely going to try it next pizza cook.
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

·
  • Broccoli, fungus, sweet peppers, onions, on a roasted pineapple habanero sauce
    Topped with mozzarella and cherry tomatoes
    image.jpg 1.9M
    image.jpg 2.2M
    Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
    ·
  • Some pizzas from the past.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    @SamFerrise those are some great looking pies. You are a pro, for sure.
    ·
  • My favorite - rosemary infused bacon, sea salt, and pepper. cook for 4 minutes then add 3 cracked eggs with chives and finish cooking. Spread runny yolk just before serving.

If its not memorable, its not worth doing.

·
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Pancetta (bacon could work), caramelized onions, Gorgonzola
    ·
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    ^^^^ maybe add some fresh arugula on top if looking for healthy option. ;)
    ·
  • 500500 Posts: 1,513
    edited January 2013
    We visited Cane Rosso in Dallas. I'm going to try the Delia at home sometime. Check out the menu; http://ilcanerosso.com/menus/cane_rosso_menu.pdf Triple D went there.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
    ·
  • daffy1909daffy1909 Posts: 447
    edited January 2013

my daughter loves peanut butter and banana with honey! haven tried it on the egg yet, but going to have to soon!

·
  • I particularly LOVED putting a farm fresh egg on our meatlovers pizza. And thinly sliced lemon was a big hit too- add some fresh arugula tossed in balsamic dressing- delish.
    ·