Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Fall-off-the-bone Baby Back Ribs - Will it work this time?

paqmanpaqman Posts: 634

Despite a few attempts, I never had success achieving fall-off-the-bone tenderness on the egg for baby back ribs.  The texture/tenderness always ended up being better in the oven or sous vide but I prefer the taste of the smoke from the egg...  Well, last week, @Little Steven and @gerhardk convinced me to try one more time using the 3-1-1 method.  Here we are today!

Got the egg ready to go @ 250F with a few chunks of hickory and 2 handfuls of apple wood chips.

The whole neighborhood smells good.  Got a steady flow of smoke for the 2 hours of the cook so far.

imageimage

Here's a snapshot after 2 hours on the egg.  I will leave the ribs 1 more hour and then foil for 1 hour.

imageimage

Comments