Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Another new guy

Just got a large BGE yesterday as a present from my wife. Attachments are arriving daily. Can't wait to figure out how to cook with this thing. Everyone I know that has one loves it. I thank you all for your posts. I've been looking through them and can't wait to try some of these recipes and techniques.

Comments

• jbvajbva Posts: 11
    new here too, feel kinda stupid, but where is the button to post a new thread.  have no problems posting comment/reply obviously
  • Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 1,090
    Welcome to the party @Antwerps. Enjoy and post some pics as you go.

Cheers -
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,697
    jbva said:
    new here too, feel kinda stupid, but where is the button to post a new thread.  have no problems posting comment/reply obviously
    I had the same problem, I am glad I am not the only one. Hover your arrow of "New Discussion" right below search on the upper right and click new discussion. I had seen it there but though it was just a heading but you actually click it. JR

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,355
    Welcome, y'all from New Orleans.  This community stokes the passions of egg owners and I gar-run-tee you'll learn more than any celebrity chef about cooking on the egg if you stick with it and read the forum.

• \m/
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,190
    Welcome, from the republic of Canuckistan, Pacific region.....

Lots of good stuff here. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 968
    edited January 2013
    Welcome aboard to the both of you! This is definitely the place to be to learn more about using your new BGE. I lurked here for about six months soaking up knowledge about the Egg. At first I was trying to decide whether I should buy one and then I was trying to learn as much as I could about using it. I can remember how excited I was when I got mine and I know you're in for a lot of great meals. As others have said: please post pictures.

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,583
    Welcome to the obsession. Pretty soon you will be curing meats, using meat glue, and making your own sausage. Until then, we look forward to your pics and posts.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Welcome from the heart of Dixie  :)>-

Alexander City,Al
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    Glad you found us. Where are you?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Welcome aboard, to both you guys!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,008
    Welcome from Tennessee!  Can't wait to see some of your cooks.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,069
    A big ole welcome from Texas. There's no turning back now.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,538
    Welcome. You must have been a very good boy and have a very wonderful wife!
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,865
    Welcome aboard and to the cult.  Enjoy the journey!
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
  • jbva said:
    I had the same problem.  You have to wait until you get the email confirming your membership, which for me took about 24 hrs.  I have heard others complain that it took longer.

Once you get the email and click the link, you will be able to post.

Anyway, WELCOME!   
    Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
  • mm8552mm8552 Posts: 12
    Welcome!  One of my first cooks was smoked meatloaf.  It is fabulous...definitely not your typical meatloaf!
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,538
    mm8552 said:
    Welcome!  One of my first cooks was smoked meatloaf.  It is fabulous...definitely not your typical meatloaf!
    You will find that none of your cooks will ever be "typical" again. This bad boy will ruin eating out for you at most restaurants.
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,526

Welcome guys!

Ricky

Spring, TX

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,667
    Anther Tennessee welcome....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Welcome aboard from this new guy!
    Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE