Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Strip Steak and butterfies

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
SteakSushiDinner.jpg
<p />Been a tough week at the ranch, and my wife and kids are visiting with family tonight, so when they left at 6pm, I started thinking. There is a new Wegmans about a mile and a half from my house, so I hightailed it over there with no idea what I wanted....except I wanted fish to be a part of it. I was thinking of this Macadamia nut encrusted tilapia they have, but I saw the Sushi counter, and spotted these "Pacific Rolls" with raw tuna that looked perfect. Then I thought I'd get me some fish to cook along with it, but decided to mosey on over to the beef. I found this small (1/2 pound) dry aged NY Strip steak from a local farm, and decided it would go well with the sushi. Done. [p]So I went home and rubbed up the steak, fired up the mini, got it real hot and added a monster chunk of cherry and maple, and let it burn halfway off til the smoke started smelling real nice at a solid 600. Seared 90 seconds a side (about 3 inches from the lava) and rested on a plate. I stuck my thermapen in the center and it was 105. Over the next 10 minutes I watched the internal temp rise from 105 to 126!! Amazing how the external searing continued to transfer to the center. Never had to put it back on.[p]Anyways, a good night in Virginny, and the butterflies enjoyed the day as well. WooDoggies style.[p]Butterfly5.jpg[p]Butterflies3.jpg[p]Butterfly1.jpg[p]Butterfly2.jpg[p]BattleButterfly.jpg[p]This last guy looks like he has done some battles. Anyways, the steak was killer, the sushi hit the spot. Hope yall are doin' some good cookin, and takin an extra minute to smell the roses this weekend![p]Cheers
Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments