Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

A spatchcock kind of night

Brined in New Belgium Winter Lager for 8 hrs. Rubbed with a mix of paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and pepper. Smoked on the LBGE with apple wood chips at 325-350 for 1 hr 15 min. Served with peas and homemade macaroni and cheese with a garlic bread knuckle.

Large BGE Dallas, TX

• BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    Looking good! She looks like a chunky chicken.
  • rholtrholt Posts: 375
    edited January 2013
    Look at the thighs on that baby!
  • Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    Looks outstanding. Im gonna try this, love to brine chickens. Thanks for the link
  • bhuggbhugg Posts: 184
    You bet. It's my favorite so far. I add a little cayanne for heat.
    Large BGE Dallas, TX
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,316
    Nice lookin yardbird!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Good chicken and go hogs!

Did the beer brine make a big difference?

• Hey Bhugg, how was the skin?  I usually bump up my temp to 400 or so to get crispy skin. 
  • bhuggbhugg Posts: 184
    Z - The beer does make a small difference. I notice a difference in the beers also.  A generic american beer does not impart much flavor.  I go for the stronger tasting flavored beers.

Ricky - I bump the temp up to 425 for the last 15 minutes or so to crisp the skin and it is good.  
    Large BGE Dallas, TX