Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Guava Wood

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello, Received my Guava Wood yesterday and was just dying to try it out. Right now I'm using a junk along with my ABT'S. Smells really swell.
What are some peoples experiences with guava wood? What does it go best with? Thanks for your input!

Comments

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Brunomax,[p]I like it because of the subtle flavor....but I sorta
    use it like I would Pecan.[p]Experimenting is half the fun...report back your results as you find them!![p]Greg is a good guy too!![p]Evans

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Mark from Utah
    Options
    Brunomax,
    The guava wood is by far my favorite. I can't find anything else that even touches it. It works great for everything and my wife even approves of it - she doesn't like too smokey of a flavor. I used it last week for my brisket which turned out to be my best to date. I am using tomorrow on my pork ribs. It is reasonably priced too, now if they could just ship wicked good charcoal as reasonably priced as guave wood I'd really have it made. Mark from Utah

• JimboBQ
    JimboBQ Posts: 197
    Options
    Mark from Utah,
    I cooked some thin pork chops tonight that I'd soaked all day in a Mojo marinade. I used the guava as the smoking wood and WOW! That sweet smell of the guava with the Mojo made for some of the best pork chops ever done on the egg. Wish I'd made pictures, but I couldn't get the camera out fast enough. Teenagers had to eat![p]Jimbo

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...