Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Initial report on Cold Smoker 3 (7 pics)

First, let me assure everyone that I have no affiliation with the company that makes Cold Smoker 3, and I couldn't give a rat's Mangrate whether or not you buy one.  But, a few expressed interest in it, so here is my first attempt at using it.

I bought an 8 inch 1/2 in, pipe to replace the shipped 3 inch pipe so it would clear the table.

Looking down the cannister.  The charcoal and chips will be put in here and the wire mesh keeps them in.

Light it with some crushed Magic Light charcoal.

When the flames die down, fill with wood chips.

Put the top and bottom caps on.  Now, here's my problem.  The fitting that was supposed to fit a Big Green Egg doesn't fit.  To get it to even sit there, I had to bend it with a crescent wrench.  Still, as you can see, it leaks profusely.
I don't get any draw out the top of the Egg.image

However, if I open the dome, it is saturated with smoke.  So, I think I'm happy with the meat getting smoked, but I need to work on getting a better fit at the bottom.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Gateway to the Hill Country

Comments