Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

brisket defeat to victory

Took the leftover brisket...shredded in the processor. Simmered it in the marinade (Dave in Florida). Wheat hoggie bread, sauteed porta shrooms and onions. Holy crap...best sandwich I've ever had. Next time I'll add red peppers and pepperocinis. The family went crazy....
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
·

Comments

• SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,491
    You can always lipstick a pig. I did 2 butts 1 didnt get to 190 in time so it didnt pull, a good knife fixed that no one knew the diffence.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • Lord that sandwich sounds delicious.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,083

Lord that sandwich sounds delicious.

Lord that sandwich sounds delicious.

That mangrating marinade would make a dirty diaper tasty....I will use it from now on instead of traditional au jus. Thanks for sharing. I'd almost ruin another brisket for these sandwiches.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,083
    Didn't realize the pics didn't post.
    ·
  • Great idea, we always have left over brisket around.  Can't wait to give this a try.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,130
    Oh hayel yeah...that sound great.  I'm definitely gonna try this with my first brisket.  I'm still a brisket virgin.  Nice to know I have this to fall back on if I'm not happy with the results! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·