Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fly in eggfest

Does anyone fly?? My father-in-law and I do, we have monthly fly-in hangouts at different airports or grass strips.  Anyone know of any fly-in eggfest? All of this recent talk about eggfest and I can't get it off my mind.  Might just have to try and have our own down here in the SouthEast. 

XLBGE 

Comments

• OK.  I've thought about this and decided your hobby makes perfect sense for two reasons.  First, I bet you're good at seamless, perfect landings known as greasers.  Second, you land at grass strips for a short stay or a "quickie" if you will?  Not surprising.
    Flint, Michigan
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822

The SoCal eggfest was held at the Upland airport the last two years.

http://socaleggfest.com/

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited January 2013

If you would like to come to Salado March 16th please contact me.

We do have a grass strip (the local jump club uses it all the time) and I will be glad to check out for you.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey said:

If you would like to come to Salado March 16th please contact me.

We do have a grass strip (the local jump club uses it all the time) and I will be glad to check out for you.

Awesome dude. Thanks. I'll let ya know.

XLBGE