Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pictures on the forum

Options
Why is it that some pictures can be clicked on and expanded while others show up only as thumbnails?

That might be completely inaccurate from a technical perspective, but it's basically what I see. I've used both Firefox and Chrome as a web browser.

Cheers all -
B_B
Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Notice this as well, think it may be the way the OP uploads a photo. I use Safari, have noted the same thing on my son's Windows machine using Explorer. 

@Eggcelsior @nolaegghead - your thoughts.....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    If the image is locally hosted by Vanilla, it shows up as a thumbnail, unless it's inserted into the body, in which case it will only expanded if the resolution is greater than that supported by the body.  If it's an embedded file, it should scale to fit in the body, but the behavior if clicked on would depend on the hosting site.  If the user isn't logged into the forum (at least this is how it used to be), the Vanilla hosted files wouldn't expand.
    Options
    @Nolaegghead - Thanks!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I load from Photobucket and all seem to load full size. Or that is how it looks from my computer and have wondered if they all load full size to everyone.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited January 2013
    Options
    It depends on how they are attached to your post. If you "attach a file", it will post in the file's native resolution and be formatted for the width of the text boxes. Like so:

If you copy directly into the text box from, say a google image search or a search of your hard drive images, 2 things can happen.

This:

or this:

EDIT: AARGH! there is some conflict with the forum so only the link is posting for the full-size image.

In the first part, I directly copied and pasted the first image I saw, which is the thumbnail picture.
    In the second, I opened up the image page and "copied image url" to get the full-sized image from the page, but you have to click on it to open the full image.

EDIT#2: I am going to try with another picture.

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    Eggcellent!!!! Mangrates fixed them both!
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Thanks guys, it's not really an issue, just something I was curious about. It is frustrating to only see a thumbnail of a particularly intriguing cook and be told it's a 3M image...

Cheers -
    B_B

Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    Thanks guys, it's not really an issue, just something I was curious about. It is frustrating to only see a thumbnail of a particularly intriguing cook and be told it's a 3M image...

Cheers -
    B_B

Hooray for high-resolution pictures and limited data!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Options
    Could be the best pic ever, but if I have to click on thumbnail to see it, I ain't looking at it...