Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Fowl Chili

duck_hunterduck_hunter Posts: 135
edited January 2013 in EggHead Forum
Started with a mixed bag of ducks, mallard and wigeon Some red eye and other stuff Some vegetables And now the two hour wait, hope I don't chew off my arm while I'm waiting
Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 

Comments

• If I remember ill post some finished pictures
    Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
  • one beer into the wait, starting the second
  • Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photo test
  • Looks great!  I've never had duck chilli, but will definately try it next season.  Thanks!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

• solasola Posts: 118
    Hey man, share that recipe. I have some greys & teal that I would love to do that with.
  • sola said:
    Hey man, share that recipe. I have some greys & teal that I would love to do that with.
    I roughly followed the cowlick flavor profile with this one, it turned out really well, I did not add smoke as my wife is not always a fan 

1 lbs ish of duck, 1/2 cubed, 1/2 ground (I have done all cubed before I had a grinder)
    1/4 lb maple flavored ground sausage
    dusted with Red eye put on egg in dutch oven at 350 indirect, legs up lid on stirring occasionally for 1 hour remove to plate with paper towel 

1 large onion chopped
    1/2 lb sliced mushrooms
    3 super cayenne peppers diced
    1 jalapeno pepper diced 
    8-10 sweet peppers chopped
    2 cloves garlic minced
    add to dutch oven after meat removed, and saute until onions soft

2 1/2 lbs tomatoes diced in processor 
    1 tbls tabasco
    1 tsp cocoa powder
    4 tbls chili powder
    1 tsp cinnamon
    2 cups beef broth
    1 can Rotel
    2 lbs of beans I like white navy, but any work
    1 tsb oregano
    3 tbls DP redeye
    add this and the cooked meat to the pot once the onions are soft, cook uncovered for 2 hrs, I add tomato juice if it starts to dry out you can float a pepper or two to add some heat, didn't last night as it was for me and wife, if it was for a tailgate I would have floated one or five for the boys

last nights pot only made it 1 1/2 hours and it was great

• I also add a 1/4 of EVO to the meat before cooking