Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

stupid brisket

Another mangrating fail. I don't know what the mangrate I did wrong. Used the beef stock injection recipe Dave From Florida posted. Marinaded the brisket overnight. Egg at 225 dome with a little hickory wood. Direct with a drip pan filled with apple juice and water. When the mangrating brisket hit 170 I placed in a pan, little apple juice in the bottom. Checked at 200, 204, 5, 6 and so on. Never really loosened up. Good taste but dry. I soaked the pieces in the unused marinade and it was edible. The only good is the marinade. Better than au jus imho. I don't know whether to never cook another or cook a mangrating brisket every mangrating night till I get it mangrating right. Mangrate it.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments