Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fowl Chili

duck_hunter
duck_hunter Posts: 185
edited January 2013 in EggHead Forum
Started with a mixed bag of ducks, mallard and wigeon Some red eye and other stuff Some vegetables And now the two hour wait, hope I don't chew off my arm while I'm waiting
Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 

Comments

• If I remember ill post some finished pictures
    Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
  • one beer into the wait, starting the second
  • Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photo test
  • Looks great!  I've never had duck chilli, but will definately try it next season.  Thanks!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

• sola
    sola Posts: 118
    Hey man, share that recipe. I have some greys & teal that I would love to do that with.
  • sola said:
    Hey man, share that recipe. I have some greys & teal that I would love to do that with.
    I roughly followed the cowlick flavor profile with this one, it turned out really well, I did not add smoke as my wife is not always a fan 

1 lbs ish of duck, 1/2 cubed, 1/2 ground (I have done all cubed before I had a grinder)
    1/4 lb maple flavored ground sausage
    dusted with Red eye put on egg in dutch oven at 350 indirect, legs up lid on stirring occasionally for 1 hour remove to plate with paper towel 

1 large onion chopped
    1/2 lb sliced mushrooms
    3 super cayenne peppers diced
    1 jalapeno pepper diced 
    8-10 sweet peppers chopped
    2 cloves garlic minced
    add to dutch oven after meat removed, and saute until onions soft

2 1/2 lbs tomatoes diced in processor 
    1 tbls tabasco
    1 tsp cocoa powder
    4 tbls chili powder
    1 tsp cinnamon
    2 cups beef broth
    1 can Rotel
    2 lbs of beans I like white navy, but any work
    1 tsb oregano
    3 tbls DP redeye
    add this and the cooked meat to the pot once the onions are soft, cook uncovered for 2 hrs, I add tomato juice if it starts to dry out you can float a pepper or two to add some heat, didn't last night as it was for me and wife, if it was for a tailgate I would have floated one or five for the boys

last nights pot only made it 1 1/2 hours and it was great

• I also add a 1/4 of EVO to the meat before cooking