Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Can High Heat Crack the EGG, rumor or myth?

Can high heat crack the Egg, rumor or myth?
·

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,757
    Maybe the old, old ones. I'm sure if you got it hot enough it would, but people have gotten theirs past 1000 and no problems. Me, I don't take mine up past 750 much on purpose.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,635
    ive done many cooks in the 1200 degree range and it didnt crack. have had one base crack at 325 degrees, sounded like a shotgun going off, and another that must have soaked water inside and froze that cracked big time
    ·