Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Fully Loaded Lasagna

Whipped this up and let me tell you that a good lasagne is spectacular on the Egg!

This baby had four cheeses, garlic sausage, broccoli, green peppers, and cremini mushrooms.

The homemade sauce started with a white wine and sausage fat reduction with chopped garlic. Once fully reduced I added olive oil and chopped onion, followed by San Marzano tomatoes, black pepper, sea salt, oregano, and a healthy dose of pecorino romano cheese.

Enjoy some pics! They are named appropriately. BTW Sorry I cheated and didn't boil the noodles on the egg.
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,467
    Wow
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,580
    Wooooah!!!  Holy Crap does that look good!  =P~
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Fantastic. That looks amazing.
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,444
    Raising the bar a little Brownie. Well done
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,292
    Throwing down dang!
    ·
  • Wow. That looks amazing. If I didn't already have my egg, i would use this to sell the idea of getting one to the wife
    ·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    Not real sure I'm raising the bar. Hell I'm lucky if I get it back halfway to where it was when I made that pork chop-mangrate disaster I called a joke.  :-\"
    ·
  • That lasagna looks awesome. It does not make up for the horrific pork chop photo, but it is the first step on the road to forgiveness. nice work brownie.

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,970
    oh hell yeah! so much for the weight loss competition. I've only looked at a few posts tonight, but there have been some hella good cooks this weekend.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • AleBrewerAleBrewer Posts: 555
    Looks really good! Even in spite of the green stuff in there.....at least it's not spinach!
    ·
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    I'm in the minority here, but I like the chop picture just as much as the lasagna...nice work Brownie
    ·
  • I'm in the minority here, but I like the chop picture just as much as the lasagna...nice work Brownie

I secretly like it too....even though it haunts my dreams

·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Wow, that looks REALLY good!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • Chop pic?  Huh?   Mangrates?
    Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
    ·
  • gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 824
    Looks delicious, we make lasagne but never made it on the egg, we will have to try it sometime.

Gerhard
    ·
  • Wow ! Looks great !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·
  • Holy Dang, your are speaking my favorite language... "sauce started with a white wine and sausage fat reduction with chopped garlic.

Looks fantastic -- great cook! =D>
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,140
    The best looking foods prepared on the egg seem to be this lasagna, WOW, and pizza. 
    Are we sure the egg was not originally from Italy?

The slice looks like it was professionally staged - excellent cook, what detail. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 824
    Marco Polo brought pasta back from China, the eggs ancestors originate in China?  Coincidence?

Gerhard
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,269
    edited January 2013
    Brownie said:
    BTW Sorry I cheated and didn't boil the noodles on the egg.

Ban Him!   

Seriously, that looks fantastic, has my mouth watering (I love a good lasagna!)
    :P

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
    Thanks guys... We had some company tonight and finished it up, and it was really good again.

Oh and @The Cen-Tex Smoker  Please don't tell us about your dreams...  :-t
    ·
    @hapster I'm watching sodium, saturated fats and cholesterol... So I'm still good! <:-P
    ·
  • nice looking cook
    Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
    ·
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,770
    Very Nicely Done. Wow! Looks great
    ·
  • jfarleyjfarley Posts: 145
    Wow - never thought about lasagna on the Egg - until now. Great job!
    LBGE - July 2012
    Valencia, CA
    ·
  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 968
    I'm looking to do a smoked lasagna and the pictures of your lasagna look so good they are inspiring me to get busy. Nicely done.
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
    ·
  • Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 1,016
    Hey @Brownie, this looks really great, thanks for sharing. Did you add any wood to increase smokiness or just straight lump? Doesn't seem like it would be needed, but I almost always add a single piece of some sort of wood, almost out of habit more than anything. Truly beautiful cook...

Cheers -
    B_B

Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,405
    Chop pic?  Huh?   Mangrates?
    Enjoy their glory, good sir

·
  • ParallelParallel Posts: 416
    Outstanding!

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
    ·
    @Black_Badger ; I didn't do any smoke... in fact I used Natures Own hardwood blend so I wouldn't get hardly any smoke. But in the past for a smokey lasagna I have smoked the veggies prior to chopping and inserting in the lasagna. See this older thread Lasagna success!
    ·