Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Mail in warranty

Just curious guys. I did the mail in warranty card with my egg when I bought it. Never got anything back. Egg is too dirty at the moment to read serial number and no clue where receipt is.

Don't need to do a claim but I'm curious if I should call mothership to dwell deeper or am I covered? Anyone else do mail in card?

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)

Comments

• AviatorAviator Posts: 1,428
    I think I did online. I too would like to know if there is a way to check on registration status. Ty, Mr. Nurse.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

• BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,443
    I did it online and got a copy of receipt just in case, but I didn't even need it last week.
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,370
    edited January 2013
    My first three eggs were mailed in green cards and my last was done on-line.  I have the receipts for all of my eggs but like you have always wondered the registration status.  Back in December I sent customer service an inquiry as to whether they had record of all.  It took a couple weeks but they returned an email stating they had record of all four.  He did make mention that if they were green card warranty registered it takes them a little longer to find as it is a different database than the internet registration.  Just shoot them an email with your name, address at the time of registration and place that you purchased.  Be patient, they will get back to you.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Called my dealer. He also keeps records of sales and invoices. Told him my name and he pulled up date my address egg and serial number. Told me no worries if my egg ever has trouble he knows he sold it and will warranty any part of it

• BullibeBullibe Posts: 127
    Called my dealer. He also keeps records of sales and invoices. Told him my name and he pulled up date my address egg and serial number. Told me no worries if my egg ever has trouble he knows he sold it and will warranty any part of it
    I guess this is my  reasoning for me dealing with my local Egg store ......even though I have to pay more.
    Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,294

I had sent them an email a while back and asked the same question also.

BGE stated that they do not mail anything back but to keep your receipt and all records of your BGE. So i have thrown all my BGE stuff into my safe.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,443

Called my dealer. He also keeps records of sales and invoices. Told him my name and he pulled up date my address egg and serial number. Told me no worries if my egg ever has trouble he knows he sold it and will warranty any part of it

I would ask for a copy in case he ever goes out of business.
  • BYS1981 said:

I would ask for a copy in case he ever goes out of business.
    For sure