Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

burgers

I cooked these indirect at about 300 degrees. Was going to reverse sear but got distracted so I pulled them at 140. The family doesn't like bloody burgers like I do. They came out good. 80/20 Angus, ranch dressing packet and an egg...topped with Lick.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,596
    Forgot pics..the son liked them. Nice grill marks. Not like the mangrate though.
    ·
  • rholtrholt Posts: 368
    How much pink was inside those? I cooked some this weekend and got the temp to about 160 and some were dry while others were juicy. My family is not a fan of pink either.
    ·
    Not much...next time I'll pull mine earlier. They were juicy but I like beef bloody. Freaks the wife out....but she wears a hazmat suit when prepping chicken.
    ·
  • RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    I like a medium burger and it also freaks my wife out. I can't stand well done beef! I like to reverse sear my burgers with some butter about three minutes per side. I let them rest for about ten minutes before searing. Creates a nice crust after smoking.
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
    ·
  • What is "topped with lick"? The Salt Lick seasoning/rub? I love the stuff but never tried it on hamburgers.

If its not memorable, its not worth doing.

·
  • Not sure if I'm overly careful, but my thoughts on ground beef is that you have to cook it through to kill all the possible bacteria. Don't get me wrong, I love a medium rare steak, but a good sear on the outside of a steak removes all traces of bacteria, where a burger can potentially have some funk in the inside if it's still pink. I guess if you're grinding your own meat its a different story though, since you know how sterile your equipment is. Maybe it's because I buy my meat from the local grocery store and I have a hard time trusting those teenage "butchers", that they're keeping a sterile environment.
    Two Large Eggs - Located in Marietta, GA (East Cobb)
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,470
    I like mine med-rare. 1/2 pound 80/20 raised direct for about 3 - 3 1/2 min per side. I know the risk of ground beef, but if it doesn't taste like a nose bleed, it's over done for me! Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    Amazing how many different "degrees of doneness" people like when it comes to beef. I would rather fix anything for a dinner party than steaks, because of the different temps.

·
  • SeeingSpotsSeeingSpots Posts: 151
    edited January 2013
    What is "topped with lick"? The Salt Lick seasoning/rub? I love the stuff but never tried it on hamburgers.
    I'm a newbie on the egg, but I'm pretty sure that it means this:

Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
    ·

What is "topped with lick"? The Salt Lick seasoning/rub? I love the stuff but never tried it on hamburgers.

I'm a newbie on the egg, but I'm pretty sure that it means this:

Sorry...DP Cow Lick. What the hell is that black thing that cats on?
    ·
  • AleBrewerAleBrewer Posts: 555
    A new "cat lick" rub!
    ·
    Nice. I have a great comment but will refrain.
    ·
  • henapple said:
    Nice. I have a great comment but will refrain.
    #selfcontrol 
    Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
    ·