Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Something so simple, yet so delicious

Options
Went the easy route yesterday and soaked chicken breasts in olive oil at room temp for an hour. Added Rudy's Rob on half and Fiesta Spices Chicken Rub on the others. Added two mesquite chunks to my fire. Clear smoke... put them on for 50 minutes at 375 indirect. When internal temp cleared 160, I added HEB's Raspberry Chipotle marinade to half and capped it. 10 minutes later, pulled them off. Incredible! I can't wear white t-shirts when I eat food from the Egg anymore. Juices keep dripping on them. My wife is convinced I need to take eating lessons. It wasn't elaborate (those will come later), but this grill makes the ordinary extraordinary. On a gasser, these would've been tough on the outside. Not on my Egg.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Excellent.  I consider chicken breasts the best proof that the Egg does cook different.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Excellent.  I consider chicken breasts the best proof that the Egg does cook different.
    +1 on that Doc.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Look's great! I will need to try the  HEB's Raspberry Chipotle marinade.

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• burr_baby33
    Options
    The sous vide guys have been talking about how good a boneless, skinless breast turns out with SV.  I am still without SV so I hot tub nearly everything.  I have hot tubbed chicken breasts twice this week and they are fabulous.  Tubbed them in the kitchen sink in 120 degree water (according to the trusty thermapen) for 45-55 minutes.  Did a lower temp sear, probably 450-500 degrees til an internal temp of 160 and delicious.  Actually I overcooked one, it got to almost 185, thought I ruined it but still moist and tasty.