Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Baby Backs & a Butt cook

R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
edited January 2013 in EggHead Forum
I set up the L BGE for a two tier cook today by putting in a ceramic stone on my spider, BGE feet, drip pan, cooking grid from my 18" WSM, and then my PS Woo2 (but no platesetter on this cook). I put a 7.4 lb butt on the lower grid and it barely fit under the BGE cooking grid which went onto the Woo. The extra meaty bb ribs sat right above the butt: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
A little over 4 hrs later the ribs were ready: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
I pulled them off & proceeded to move the butt onto the upper grid while my dog kept a watchful eye on the ribs for me (& I kept an eye on her :) ): Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
The ribs were sliced & lunch was on: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
A peek at the butt a little later: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
After a 3 hr rest in a cooler the bone was removed: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Then it was pulled with just a little sauce mixed in: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
We had some leftover rolls so I put a together a pork slider: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
It was a good day for some pork! Thanks for looking!
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
Bay Area, CA
·

Comments