Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Guy Tryin'

JimEJimE Posts: 158
edited 6:03PM in EggHead Forum
I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row before I invest in a Big Green Egg. Where does a guy in South Jersey find lump coal or the like to use in an Egg along with different woods?
·

Comments

• Jim ,
    I use Big Green Egg lump sold by egg dealers. It burns hot and has very little ash. -RP

·
  • Prof DanProf Dan Posts: 339
    Jim ,[p]Even Wal Mart sometimes carries lump -- both Royal Oak and Real Flavor.

·
  • ChuckChuck Posts: 812
    Jim ,[p]There is a great dealer in South Jersey that I have bought all my eggs from. They carry BGEs, lump, many smoking woods and all the eggsessories as well. See Ed at Stoveworks in Medford. He is the owner and a fellow egger as well and will be glad to help you out. I think they are on vacation until Tuesday but IMO the best place to buy locally.[p]Where in South Jersey are you from. I live in Medford. Any other questions ask here or send me an email. [p]You will be very happy with a decision to get a BGE.[p]Chuck

[ul][li]Stoveworks[/ul]
    ·
  • JM3JM3 Posts: 272
    Jim ,[p]I grew up in South Jersey and my parents still live in Wenonah. I gave my parents an egg for Christmas and my dad buys his lump charcoal at his local Home Depot.
    John

·
  • Jim ,
    pathmark has royal oak.10.99 for 20#.

·