Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New Guy Tryin'

JimEJimE Posts: 158
edited 1:54AM in EggHead Forum
I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row before I invest in a Big Green Egg. Where does a guy in South Jersey find lump coal or the like to use in an Egg along with different woods?

• Jim ,
    I use Big Green Egg lump sold by egg dealers. It burns hot and has very little ash. -RP

• Prof DanProf Dan Posts: 339
    Jim ,[p]Even Wal Mart sometimes carries lump -- both Royal Oak and Real Flavor.

• ChuckChuck Posts: 812
    Jim ,[p]There is a great dealer in South Jersey that I have bought all my eggs from. They carry BGEs, lump, many smoking woods and all the eggsessories as well. See Ed at Stoveworks in Medford. He is the owner and a fellow egger as well and will be glad to help you out. I think they are on vacation until Tuesday but IMO the best place to buy locally.[p]Where in South Jersey are you from. I live in Medford. Any other questions ask here or send me an email. [p]You will be very happy with a decision to get a BGE.[p]Chuck

• JM3JM3 Posts: 272
    Jim ,[p]I grew up in South Jersey and my parents still live in Wenonah. I gave my parents an egg for Christmas and my dad buys his lump charcoal at his local Home Depot.

• Jim ,
    pathmark has royal oak.10.99 for 20#.