Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all had a big green St. Patrick’s Day! While you’re waiting for it to be Easter time, try some of the new recipes we’ve recently added to our website. One of our favorite dishes is the Easy Jambalaya with Beef, and our favorite sweet & savory treat is the Sweet Cream Crostini.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Problems smoking a small brisket

13»

Comments

• OilponyOilpony Posts: 43
    Thanks
    ·
    I.T. is 168 and I just wrapped the meat. Dome temp is 300.
    ·
  • doing great man, one more thing, you are prolly about to hit the stall, since you wrapped you should drive through it quicker, but dont panic if the temp hangs in the 170's or even goes up and then down a few degrees  perfectly normal

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
    I turned the cooking temp up to 350 and the meat thermometer says 197 already.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,894
    Just make sure you measure the finish-line by the flat and not the point.  Point can run to around 210*F+/- and the flat will lag by around 10-15 *F.  Use the "probe slides in and out like butter" in the thickest part of the flat to make sure you are there.  And don't slice til ready to eat and always against the grain.  Enjoy!
    Louisville
    ·
  • Well what's up doc?? Results?? Hoping turned out good. In living through you guys that have cooks going on now I'm away from my egg

·
  • I shoulda known! This group is just about as twisted as yours truly! Cen-Tex ... I'm keepin' my eye on you. What is it they say about Texans in some circles? Somethin' and steers and ... How does that go? :)) I guess that was decidedly politically incorrect. I'm gonna have to talk to the priest about that in confession.

I don't see any horns on you boy :)) I have one VERY BIG horn and I ain't no unicorn! Keep your daughters off the street ... Nah, my lady would held me ... Ah well, those were the days!

:)) :))
    ·
    I just took it out of the cooler. I'm not so sure. I'll let it sit for a little bit
    ·
    The rub is falling off, that can not be a good sign
    ·
    Actually, I put to much rub on it. If anything it is to spicy but it is pretty moist!!!!
    ·
    edited January 2013
    It's not pretty but it is not bad. My 14 year old gives it a thumbs up, he is a tough brisket critic also the one that is known as, "she who must be obeyed" likes it. Guys this is major progress for me. Thank you to all of you for your help, comments, hints and encouragement. I look forward to cooking one again in a couple of weeks.
    image.jpg 267.1K
    ·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
    Look at all those juices! Looks like you nailed it!  =D>
    ·
  • Well done sir!!

=D>

·
  • Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    Dont see anything wrong with those results! Enjoy.
    ·
  • looks good to me.

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,527
    Great job...I'm doing a small tomorrow.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Nice job!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·