Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Sirloin for lunch

MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
edited January 2013 in EggHead Forum
image Done with coffee rub. Found I like about 1" strips as it cooks faster and has more crust on it.
Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

Comments

• EggRacerEggRacer Posts: 400
    Man that's grate uh.... Great looking steak.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,188
    Mickey - meant to tell you, tried your coffee rub, really good. 

Nice change from the "standard rubs" . 

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    @Skiddymarker thanks. We use it all the time.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• No Mangrate marks, didn't happen.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,583
    Looks good Mickey. Eggs are for meat only though. What cut are those green things?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,526
    Look's great. I need to try your coffee rub.

Ricky

Spring, TX

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,485
    Please show us some On-the-Plate pics.  Bet this looked good.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    edited January 2013
    Please show us some On-the-Plate pics.  Bet this looked good.

Doc, VI after looking at my plated pictures said I was never allowed to shoot them again. Sorry. Ok, the real reason is my wife has just so much patience and the "damn" camera best be put down at some time so we can eat.