Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

long table

I am almost done building my table.  What is the best way to set a large egg into the table without droping it or hurting myselfimage

Comments

• SigPSigP Posts: 25
    I just put mine in a table yesterday. Took the dome off and removed the insides. My wife and I were able to easily set the base in the table. Put it all back together and voila - egg in the table.

• REMtxREMtx Posts: 14
    I used a potlifter with my father. My egg was assembled by the dealer but I had to drop in my table myself. I took all the insides out (firebox,firering, firegrate, grid, etc). I used the potlifter to carry the egg from the car to my patio near the table.  I put a small stool in front of the table as a intermediate step.  Shortened the handle of the potlifter a bit and lifted it to the stool, took a breather, then from stool to table.  Then undid the straps and pot lifter underneath.  Pretty simple.  A potlifter is about 15-20 bucks.  I bought it at a nursery nearby.
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 533
    I set my large in my table all by myself.Do like @sigp says and take egg completely apart, set base ( i put my hand insinde the egg and grabbed the bottom draft door) then firebox, fire ring then put dome on. I did it with ease!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE