Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

6:00 am and 30 degress but the butts must go on

Options
More pictures to come later. Nothing like getting up early in the cold chill knowing what goodness awaits by evening.
LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
Columbus IN

Comments

• Egghead_Daron
    Options
    Columbus IN
  • calracefan
    Options
    Done that Friday morning ! They turned out great ! Good Luck , looking forward to pictures of the finished product.
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Options
    Did you only put your rub on one side of the butts? How do they turn out? Do you get good bark all around your cook?

Just curious, being a SoCal transplant into a culture that actually BBQs in addition to grill I am always wanting to learn the whys of other peoples cooks. I have always used rub on all surfaces of the meat.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • Crispix49
    Crispix49 Posts: 191
    Options
    Your gasket still looks brand new...did you just change it out?
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    16 lbs in 30 degree seattle yesterday, they were a hit.
    Seattle, WA
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    I would normally season all sides also. I did the top and the bottom. The only reason i didn't do the sides also was that I wasn't paying attention when I did the rub last night after several adult beverages. The gasket looks new because the Egg is pretty much brand new. I got it for Christmas a few weeks ago. This is only the 3rd cook on it so far. And for those that have been in the cold also, I think it makes me appreciate it more when you are willing to brave the cold to do it.
    Columbus IN