Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Deep dish

Options
Now that I can attach photos...

Started with grandma Jo's dough

First pie was with a roasted pineapple habanero sauce, broccoli, shicken, fungus, and peppers half w/plum tomatoes (the better half!)

Pie #2 same dough

Mozzarella, Canuck bacon, tomatoes, and fungus

Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Deep dish - one of my favorites, always a great cook on the CI skillet!
    How come no duck on one of those pies?
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • duck_hunter
    duck_hunter Posts: 185
    edited January 2013
    Options
    pie 1 was an attempt to use leftover vegetables 

pie 2 to use up the rest of the dough

fowl chili being served between games tomorrow! will post pics now that I know how

adding fowl pie to the menu for Wed, thanks for the idea
    Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Looks fantastic. How was the second pie?
  • duck_hunter
    Options
    they were both awesome, 

the second one was our lunch for the rest of the week, so only had it reheated, even so it was delicious, after these two my wife said it is going to be next to impossible to order a pie from a pizza joint, 

the second one cooked closer to 425 the whole time, the first crept up to 450 for the last five minutes and probably should have come off a minute or two earlier. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Super. I love the roasted tomato flavor when they are cooked on top.