Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spare Ribs and a BIG cookie!

Decided to smoke up some St. Louis Style Spares for dinner tonight.  Used Hickory for the smoke....I placed 4 chunks in their for the ribs, with the intention to remove what was left of the wood before placing on the Cast Iron Skillet cookie.  I removed 3 of them, but couldn't find the 4th....and I didn't want a hickory smoked chocolate chip cookie, so I had to use the oven instead of baking it on the BGE.  ;)  Many thanks to Griffin for the idea about the CI skillet cookie.  It earned me some much needed brownie points from my wife.  :)

Also whipped up some Memphis-style Mustard Slaw to go with the ribs...

And then cooked up the Chocolate Chip and M&M Cast Iron Cookie for dessert... :)  I will bake it on the egg next time, but like I said, I couldn't find that last wood chunk to save my life tonight.  I used Martha Stewart's recipe for the most part, but added some M&M's in the mix...

My wife and I have been on a low carb kick lately, so this was definitely off our diet.  But you gotta splurge every now and then.  ;)  The cookie was amazing!!  Topped the warm, chewy cookie with some Breyers Vanilla Ice Cream and drizzled on some hot chocolate.  Daaang...  :)

Comments