Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fireworks Show

Firing up the egg to do some pork chops and got a real fireworks display. This is the second cook with this bag of WG and it was worse this time. First time I have had this experience with WG. Quite a display though!
George

Comments

• WG is known to be excellent but this has been documented on here before. I get that with Ozark oak from time to time as well. Not sure why but it's a fact of life when cooking with lump.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Deckhand
    Deckhand Posts: 318
    It's a bit of a pain, but you can minimize the sparking by removing any leftover lump (when cold, of course) and putting a layer of it over the fresh lump.  
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Deckhand said:
    It's a bit of a pain, but you can minimize the sparking by removing any leftover lump (when cold, of course) and putting a layer of it over the fresh lump.  
    This works - for me.....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • gte1
    gte1 Posts: 379
    Deckhand said:

That is what I did
    George
  • gte1
    hapster said:
    Just picked up two more bags of WGWW... Not scared

Since it's winter I'm not scared either. We have lots of open space behind our back wrought iron fence. If it were summer with all the dry grass I would be a bit frightened though.
    George
  • gte1 said:
    hapster said:

Since it's winter I'm not scared either. We have lots of open space behind our back wrought iron fence. If it were summer with all the dry grass I would be a bit frightened though.
    if your scared, get a dog, lol 

we have liquid sunshine here so I am asking a seriously ( the 4 pints of cabin fever aside ) how dry does it get by you that you worry?
    Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    I wish I had taken pictures but I got worse than that from Cowboy tonight!! It seemed to hold a lot of heat when burning bout 400 and burping was definitely needed, at one point I had flames shooting thru the DW.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • gte1
    gte1 said:
    hapster said:

we have liquid sunshine here so I am asking a seriously ( the 4 pints of cabin fever aside ) how dry does it get by you that you worry?

Live in No. Cal so by September, with 4-5 months with 0 rain, i would say real dry.
    George
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• gte1 said:
    gte1 said:
    hapster said:

Live in No. Cal so by September, with 4-5 months with 0 rain, i would say real dry.
    If it gets too bad, drive north a few hours and you can use mine, I never even considered it to be a problem, funny how myopic our (my) view of the world is sometimes
    Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited January 2013
    Am I the only one that was disappointed that there wasn't an actual fireworks show??     [-(
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....