Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

I don't see what all the fuss is about.

(This is all just my personal opinion.  If you are easily offended, go butt a stump!) 

I've seen a lot about cooking the perfect steaks that run the gambit from the unnecessary to the truly asinine.  "Keep it simple stupid."  Whenever cooking on the egg I've found this simple maxim to help guide me and it's worked out pretty well so far.  The less I try to screw things up the better it turns out.

For example, I cooked these ribeyes the same way I cook all my steaks.  Egg at 550-600º, favorite seasoning, toss on some wood chips, cook for 3 minutes per side, probe, if it's not to your desired internal temp, toss it back on for 30 second intervals until it is and viola, tender, juicy, delicious steak!

Anybody else out there think simple is better?

Comments