Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Official new member...

...of the Burnt Arm Hair Club! I've always burped my egg since I have gotten it this Xmas.  All of my cooks have been direct cooks at 400-500 degrees.  Except today.  I'm trying out my first low and slow loin back ribs.  Before I put the meat on the adjustable rig, I was waiting for some of the smoke to settle and turn "good". After a few minutes it was ready, started getting my staging area set,so I rolled up my sleeves on my sweatshirt like a doofus for some reason, put on my welding gloves and opened up the egg with one hand while holding something else in the other.  There was no visible fireball, but felt a *poof" of hot air.  I looked at my arm and sure enough, I got some burnt curlies and some lighter colored singed hair were there wasn't before.   Temp was about 300 deg.  Lesson learned. Always burp, even on a low and slow.  Just make it into part of your routine.

Comments