Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Grill Gazebo (Before) Pics to follow as Project Starts

Options

Finally got my egg table from my bro in law and we are building a grill gazebo in the backyard to house it all. Wife didnt want to lose light coming in the den by attaching another patio cover to the house. Thanks to jfm0830 for posting pictures of his and putting the idea in my head. I am posting the "before" pics and will post pics all through the process. Got rid of the rotten swing set so now we have the room. Right now, we are waiting on the contractor to have a break in their schedule to get started.

Also on another note, the Egg nest you see my XL sitting in will be for sale when I move the egg into the table. I just have to put the casters on the table. The nest is in perfect shape and is ony 4 months old. It has been covered the entire time I have had it. I will be asking 300 for it. A new one is 375 per my dealer. Dallas area.

Comments

• MrCookingNurse
    Options
    That's a sweet fence ya got there.

XLBGE 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Hey, good luck on the gazebo. I am wanting to build one too. Be sure you put a big crimson A on it! LOL =))

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Plano_JJ
    Plano_JJ Posts: 448
    Options

Thanks, lots of paint and beers to paint it but it came out good.

Dont laugh too loud chief, you got your butt handed to you in Tiger Stadium and still won thanks to the usual brain fart by Lester which we have come to know so well. Congrats on the NC, I knew ND wouldnt hang, it was just a little worse than I thought it would be, LOL. I will put a Crimson A on my fence if you put Johnny Football's on yours

:)>-
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    That's funny dude. I actually did laugh out loud. I really pull for all the teams in the SEC but Bama is of course my # 1 team .

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Plano_JJ
    Options
    LOL, I hear you. Its all fun. Ya'll got a great team. My 17yr old nephew's best friend is a Bama fan and I tear him up everytime he comes around here wearing his garb.
  • Plano_JJ
    Options
    Round the bowl and down the hole, LOL. Go to Hell Ole Miss >:)
  • cajuncook
    Options
    Amen Plano.
    Live on beautiful Lake Hartwell GA
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    I noticed you have fold down sides on that table. A friend of mine gave me a table and I wanted to add fold down sides to it, could you post some close up pictures of the sides sometime so I can see how they work. I have an idea for how to do it, but it may not be the best idea.
    Dunedin, FL
  • Plano_JJ
    Options
    Absolutely. When I get the egg set in there, I am going to post a bunch of detailed pics. When both sides are up, I have right at 7' across there. Its 5' when they are down to allow for the cover. They are basically hinged and propped up by a 1x2 that folds up and down.
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    Options
    Good luck building your grill gazebo. I hope it is everything you hoped for. I must admit four months later and I still get a smile on my face every time I go out and cook on my new BGE's in my new grill gazebo. I can't tell you how long I've been thinking about having one, but the money tree was always bare. I still pinch myself make sure I'm not dreaming. Be sure to post pictures of yours when it gets done. Looking forward to seeing it.
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • Plano_JJ
    Options
    jfm0830 said:
    Good luck building your grill gazebo. I hope it is everything you hoped for. I must admit four months later and I still get a smile on my face every time I go out and cook on my new BGE's in my new grill gazebo. I can't tell you how long I've been thinking about having one, but the money tree was always bare. I still pinch myself make sure I'm not dreaming. Be sure to post pictures of yours when it gets done. Looking forward to seeing it.
    Thanks, We are very excited about it. With a little bonus money and Christmas money we are able to do it. I laid it out and designed it myself so it will be even more satisfying when its built. 
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    Options
    Plano_JJ said:
    Thanks, We are very excited about it. With a little bonus money and Christmas money we are able to do it. I laid it out and designed it myself so it will be even more satisfying when its built. 
    I know exactly what you mean. I am an architect and my grill gazebo was my favorite commission.
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.