Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

2 Pork Tenderloin's times?

AltonAlton Posts: 443
Smoking 2 4lb or so pork loins today. Did a honey, Dijon mustered , rosemary marinade. Plan on smoking them low and slow with apple wood chunks and fresh rosemary branches. I know I'm suppose to cook to temp, but do I figure my expected pull time on the weight of a single loin or combined weight? HELP!!!
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,864
    They will cook as single loins as long as they are not touching.  Enjoy-
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
  • AltonAlton Posts: 443
    Okay..... Figure 8lbs or 4lbs?
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,864
    If each weighs 4 #'s (for a total of 8#'s) then base your cook time on a 4# cook-think of baking cookies-1 or two dozen -takes about the same time.
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    Thanks @lousucap. That's what I thought.... Just needed some reinforcing
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,186
    And further to what @lousubcap says, a single 8# pork loin will cook in the same time as one 4# loin, It is the cross section of the meat that determines the cook time, that is how far the heat has to penetrate to reach the centre. Typically a pork loin might be 4" to 5" in diameter regardless of wether it is a 4# or an 8#. The 8# is longer, but not thicker. Cooking times will be the same, Same goes for prime rib. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    That makes perfect seance ,never thought of it that way. thanks @skiddymaker