Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

2 Pork Tenderloin's times?

AltonAlton Posts: 445
Smoking 2 4lb or so pork loins today. Did a honey, Dijon mustered , rosemary marinade. Plan on smoking them low and slow with apple wood chunks and fresh rosemary branches. I know I'm suppose to cook to temp, but do I figure my expected pull time on the weight of a single loin or combined weight? HELP!!!
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 8,200
    They will cook as single loins as long as they are not touching.  Enjoy-
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs 
    Pit Barrel Cooker
  • AltonAlton Posts: 445
    Okay..... Figure 8lbs or 4lbs?
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 8,200
    If each weighs 4 #'s (for a total of 8#'s) then base your cook time on a 4# cook-think of baking cookies-1 or two dozen -takes about the same time.
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs 
    Pit Barrel Cooker
    Thanks @lousucap. That's what I thought.... Just needed some reinforcing
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,363
    And further to what @lousubcap says, a single 8# pork loin will cook in the same time as one 4# loin, It is the cross section of the meat that determines the cook time, that is how far the heat has to penetrate to reach the centre. Typically a pork loin might be 4" to 5" in diameter regardless of wether it is a 4# or an 8#. The 8# is longer, but not thicker. Cooking times will be the same, Same goes for prime rib. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    That makes perfect seance ,never thought of it that way. thanks @skiddymaker