Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

When all you have is a Mini.... Bring out the brown guy for big cooks OT

Options
SkinnyV
SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
edited January 2013 in EggHead Forum
this terracotta pot smoker has done me good for large cooks. party for my daughter tomorrow 16 lbs of mojo marinated butt going on tonight, we will see how it turns out. Did  the same for my son last yr with some success so we will see. I plan on not checking it once I go to bed tonight, letting it ride until the AM. Outside temp will hit 30 degrees hope it does not hinder the cook too much.

Cuban Pork, Rice, Scratch Black Beans and Salad on the menu. I was inspired since my Sister in law's family does whole pig killed the morning of on xmas eve ... trying to replicate that dinner the best i can sauce included (sadly wont get the skin cracklins).

I used the mini to light some charcoal and a wood chunk i include at the bottom to add flavor to this cook.

Seattle, WA

Comments