Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Good Books...

I've seen a couple of references to books on the forum. If you would, please submit the title of what you consider a must read and relation to the egg:

Example:

Wok Cook
The Breath of a Wok (this is one I've seen on a thread)
Columbia, SC ~ LBGE, ThermaPen
I love to eat...sue me!
·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,288
    'Charcuterie' for curing meats and smoking.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,280
    I have been digging charred and scruffed by Adam perry Lang. Next on my list is 25 by him as we'll. charcuterie is a great book as already noted.
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Ruhlman's 'Twenty'
  • 'Green Eggs and Ham' by Dr. Seuss

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    Some of my personal favorites are:

• Smoke and Spice - Bill and Cheryl Jamison:  A classic, this is filled with rub and sauce recipes that work.
    • Big Bob Gibson's BBQ Book - Chris Lilly:  Probably my favorite BBQ book of all
    • BBQ25 - Adam Perry Lang
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • CCC74CCC74 Posts: 11
    edited January 2013
    My favourite is Ted Reader.

King of the Q's Blue plate BBQ and Beerlicious

I like Weber's cook books by Jamie Purviance. I have three of them: Smoke, Real Grilling, and Way to Grill. I got them a Costco for a good price. They are a little more simple recipes that Reader's.

I plan on getting Lang's books.
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    edited January 2013

'Green Eggs and Ham' by Dr. Seuss

I agree, my son has gobbled up everything that has come from this one. He brings the science down to everyone's level of understanding.
    Dunedin, FL
    ·