Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

A spatchcock kind of night

Brined in New Belgium Winter Lager for 8 hrs. Rubbed with a mix of paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and pepper. Smoked on the LBGE with apple wood chips at 325-350 for 1 hr 15 min. Served with peas and homemade macaroni and cheese with a garlic bread knuckle.

Large BGE Dallas, TX
·

Comments

• BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
    Looking good! She looks like a chunky chicken.
    ·
  • rholtrholt Posts: 368
    edited January 2013
    Look at the thighs on that baby!
    ·
  • Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    Looks outstanding. Im gonna try this, love to brine chickens. Thanks for the link
    ·
  • bhuggbhugg Posts: 184
    You bet. It's my favorite so far. I add a little cayanne for heat.
    Large BGE Dallas, TX
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,941
    Nice lookin yardbird!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Good chicken and go hogs!

Did the beer brine make a big difference?

·
  • Hey Bhugg, how was the skin?  I usually bump up my temp to 400 or so to get crispy skin. 
    ·
  • bhuggbhugg Posts: 184
    Z - The beer does make a small difference. I notice a difference in the beers also.  A generic american beer does not impart much flavor.  I go for the stronger tasting flavored beers.

Ricky - I bump the temp up to 425 for the last 15 minutes or so to crisp the skin and it is good.  
    Large BGE Dallas, TX
    ·