Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGE Chimenea

Hey Guys and Gals,
Do anyone here own a BGE Chimenea?  I've been eyeballing one of these for a while now and just wondering are they as ground breaking as the egg. 

A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
Canada
Large @ Small BGE 

·

Comments

• Seems really expensive, not worth the price. Dealer I bought my egg from said exactly that too. Why do you need special heat retention properties for a chimenea? 
    "America has only three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland." -Tennessee Williams
    ·
  • Just curious it's point? Seams like a waste to me. You can get a fine chimenea for 100$ or less.

What are your thoughts on wanting one?

XLBGE 
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,970
    I'd rather have a fire pit. cheaper and better for a group to sit around and stay warm.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,870
    I use my chimenea to burn scrap wood from my woodworking projects.  Fire is good. 

Griffin has a good point - the chimenea design only throws radiant heat in one direction.  A fire pit generates omnidirectional warmth.

·
  • I'm not anti chimenea or fire at all! Just think the bge one is a rip off

XLBGE 
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,526

I'm not anti chimenea or fire at all! Just think the bge one is a rip off

Until you get a mangrate on it.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,845
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Boom
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,845
    My two fire pits.
    Boom
    ·
  • I think they have been discontinued.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • My dealer has one on the floor. My balling dealer that refuses to sell mini's

XLBGE 
    ·
  • I've been looking for Ideas for a fire pit on a wooden deck.  I guess one idea would be to burn lump but that might get a little expensive.  Any ideas?
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,406
    Do you have a gas line? Tap it for a dedicated line or get a pit with a refillable fuel tank. Otherwise, get a firewood pit.
    ·
  • I've been looking for Ideas for a fire pit on a wooden deck.  I guess one idea would be to burn lump but that might get a little expensive.  Any ideas?

I used a wood stove for a few years.  Don't know where yer from but I used a franklin.  put a sheet of metal ( 48" X 48" ) under it, kept the wood stove a safe distance from the wood railing and it worked well, used it summer and winter.  I was a fire bug.  I would burn it all day and into the night even if it was really hot outside.  Man..... I gotta do this again..... 
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,446
    I've been looking for Ideas for a fire pit on a wooden deck.  I guess one idea would be to burn lump but that might get a little expensive.  Any ideas?
    Build a "sandbox" and set your pit in that.  Your deck will be safe.  That is how Huckleberry and Jim did it on the raft.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
     Doc said "Build a "sandbox" and set your pit in that.  Your deck will be safe.  That is how Huckleberry and Jim did it on the raft."

Just hope you don't have kids cause daddy setting their sandbox on fire could result in therapy later.  :-t
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Your cats will like the sand box too. :D

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,446
    Cats, what cats?  I trap the cats for the wok.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·