Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Table (well not really)

Options
I had problems with the wood I bought being too wet, so my wife and father-in-law helped me build this out of some scrap wood. This is the first cook - bacon wrapped coca cola chicken and smoked mac and cheese.

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    LOL, you will cherish that slapped together nest long after it is gone.  Nice looking chicken.

Welcome.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• MrCookingNurse
    Options
    Nice. You'll get plenty of use out of this! I built a stand out of scraps to get me by.

Can you explain this cheese thing you've got smoking??

XLBGE 
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    Nice. You'll get plenty of use out of this! I built a stand out of scraps to get me by. Can you explain this cheese thing you've got smoking??
    not to just jump in but looks like milk, cream cheese and cheddar smoke it then make a cheese sauce for mac and cheese.  amazing stuff

try this sometime smoked mac and cheese
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    by the way i like the resourcefulness of the table.  function is what matters.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Nice looking nest. I built something similar because I plan to build a table, and didn't want a nest. Like yours, my homebrewed cart is untippable ( I hope).

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Damn that's a clean egg...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • amhobbs
    amhobbs Posts: 51
    Options
    Yeah it is milk under cheddar cheese under cream cheese. It turned out very good but was not expecting the taste that came out of it. My father in law drew up the plans for the table and we had it built in like 45 mins. The egg is not as clean now this was my first cook on it. :D