Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Newbie Table

SeeingSpotsSeeingSpots Posts: 151
edited January 2013 in EGG Table Forum
I'm new to egging, and actually built my table before I had even ever cooked on a BGE (or any other ceramic).  It's nothing fancy, but I'm proud of it, and wanted to show it off.  And yes, that's my brand new, unused egg sitting in it (at least it was when I took this pic a couple of weeks ago).
Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
·

Comments

• Looks great to me !  Good job !!!  When I had a naked wood top, I found that it got real grungy after a while.  I had it tiled, and now it's easy to clean.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Yeah, it's already getting dirty.  I have plans to stain it, but obviously it's still going to be dirty.  Tiling is a good idea.  Thanks.
    Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
    ·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Awesome table! When are you gonna fire that bad boy up?
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • Kosko said:
    Awesome table! When are you gonna fire that bad boy up?
    Thanks!   And lol....I already did.  Have posted my first cooks on the Egghead Forum.  I was just late getting this posted.

Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,084
    Be sure to spar varnish..no stains
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·